Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 121 to 130 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
Episode 130: New Orleans, Louisiana
- We travel to New Orleans for the National Conference on Disaster Planning for the Carless Society.
- We learn about Steps To a Healthier New Orleans.
- We look at bicycle and pedestrian planning in New Orleans.
Episode 129: Alabama
- We look at pedestrian access to a shopping mall in Huntsville, Alabama.
- We learn about the Alabama Bicycle Coalition.
- Education is a key part of their mission.
- We talk with a blind pedestrian in Birmingham.
- We look at problems for pedestrians in Birmingham.
- We meet a mother trying to walk with her children in Tuscaloosa.
- We attend Walk to School Day in Delaware.
- We learn about Starkville in Motion in Starkville, Mississippi.
- We look at pedestrian safety at a highway interchange in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- We visit Broadway in Saratoga Springs, New York.
- We visit Cabot, Arkansas, where a new sidewalk lets children walk home from school.
- We travel to Kentucky, where we learn about Bicycling for Louisville.
- Louisville has decided to become a bicycle-friendly community.
- We talk with a pedestrian advocate in Louisville.
- We talk with an attorney in Tulsa about bicyclists and the law.
- A Tulsa businessman bought bicycles for his employees.
- We learn about Mothers Against Drunk Driving from their National President.
- We meet the bicycle and pedestrian coordinator for Somerville, Massachusetts.
- We look at Fayetteville Street in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- We look at obstacles to bicyclists in Kansas City.
- We learn about the share the road safety task force.
- We visit the Kansas City Riverfront Heritage Trail.
- We visit Lincoln, Nebraska, for the American Discovery Trail.
- We look at a trail bridge over Interstate 440 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- We learn about the Initiative for Healthy Infrastructure in New York.
Episode 124: Kansas City
- We look at the sidewalk maintenance program in Overland Park, Kansas.
- We learn about the Major Taylor Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
- We talk with the executive director of the Missouri Bicycle Federation.
- We meet the bicycle and pedestrian transportation planner for the Mid America Regional Council.
- Pedestrians are told to keep away by a bank in Kansas City.
- We travel to Madison, Wisconsin, for the ProWalk/ProBike Conference.
- We talk with the mayor of Madison about improving conditions for bicyclists.
- The Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin works to create bicycle-friendly communities.
- The public health agencies also promote bicycling and walking.
- We meet the author of the Pedestrian Observer.
- We look at proposed improvements to a busy street in Raleigh, NC.
- We learn about the Upper Valley Trails Alliance in Norwich, VT.
- We look at the problem with wide one-way streets in Lansing, MI.
- We visit the Allen Neighborhood Center in Lansing.
- We learn about the Moving Our Community Towards Health coalition in Lansing.
- We look at valet bicycle parking at the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
- We learn about the Blair Walk Project in Silver Spring, MD.
- We drop in on the Florida Probike-Prowalk conference in Saint Augustine.
- We meet a cyclist going from Key West to Canada.
- We examine what pedestrians want with a psychologist in Vienna, Austria.
- We talk with a pedestrian in Vienna.